Configuring the settings
Using the settings menus
You can view and change the SC15 settings from the front panel, remote control, or using the Prisma app.
To display the settings menu
- Simultaneously press the and buttons on the front panel, or press the MENU button on the remote control.
The settings menu is displayed:
To step between settings
- Press the or buttons on the front panel or remote control.
The current setting is shown highlighted.
To change a setting
- Press the SELECTOR button on the front panel or the SELECT button on the remote control.
The current value is shown highlighted.
- Press the or buttons on the front panel, or the or or or buttons on the remote control, to change the value of the setting.
As you change it the new value is shown in the menu.
- Press the SELECTOR button on the front panel or the SELECT button on the remote control to save the value you have set.
To navigate back or cancel editing a setting
- Press and hold the SELECTOR button on the front panel, or press the button on the remote control.
To exit from the settings menu
- Simultaneously press the or buttons on the front panel, or press the MENU button on the remote control.
The INPUT SETTINGS menu allows you to customise the inputs to suit the sources in your system:
Initially the INPUT SETTINGS shows the settings for the currently selected input. Alternatively the INPUT option allows you to step between all the inputs. The subsequent options will change according to the input.
Allows you to give the source a name; eg RADIO.
- Highlight the ALIAS item then press the SELECTOR button on the front panel, or the SELECT button on the remote control.
The RENAME INPUT menu is displayed:
- Press the or buttons on the front panel, or or buttons on the remote control, to select the first letter.
- Press the SELECTOR button on the front panel or the SELECT button on the remote control, to select it.
After adding each character you have the options:
ADD NEW CHARACTER
where CONFIRM shows the alias you have entered so far.
- Select ADD NEW CHARACTER to add the remaining letters, up to a maximum of six characters.
- Select CONFIRM when you have entered the alias you want.
Choose between ENABLED (default) or DISABLED to specify whether the input is enabled.
Choose between: SELECT to automatically select an input containing an audio signal if the SC15 is on; WAKE+SELECT to automatically wake up the SC15 from standby, if necessary, and select an input containing an audio signal; and OFF (default) to disable automatic switching.
Choose between VARIABLE (default) or FIXED to specify whether the input should have variable or fixed gain.
FIXED is 0dB gain, equivalent to volume setting 66, and will overrule MAXIMUM VOLUME in AUDIO SETTINGS.
Selecting FIXED will show a loud-volume warning. Select YES to proceed or NO to cancel the fixed gain setting.
Fixed gain functions as an SSP (Surround Sound Pass-through) allowing the SC15 to be used as an amplifier in a multi-channel system setup
Choose between: -30dB to -1dB, 0dB (default), or +1dB to +30dB to set the gain for the selected input.
If the gain is set too high on an input clipping may occur.
The AUDIO SETTINGS menu allows you to customise the balance and start-up volume, and the maximum and mute volume.
Allows you to adjust the balance between 00LR-9 (far left), 00LR00 (centred, default) and -9LR00 (far right).
Sets the general startup volume to between 0 and 60. The default is 20.
Set maximum volume limit between 0 and 99. The default is 99.
Sets the volume when unit is muted. You can choose between 0 (default) and 30.
If the current volume is lower than the specified MUTE VOLUME, the volume will be set to 0 when pressing mute.
Choose PRE (default) to set the analogue output to variable or LINE for a fixed 0dB output. For safety the setting reverts to PRE after the power is disconnected.
The GENERAL SETTINGS menu allows you to configure the general operation of the SC15:
Choose between ALL (default), to show all inputs, or WITH SIGNAL, to show only inputs that have a signal.
Choose LOCKED to lock the front panel buttons, or UNLOCKED (default) to use them.
To unlock the front panel buttons use the remote control to select this menu, or remove power from the SC15 for a few seconds.
Allows you to choose the delay for dimming the display after no user interaction, between: AFTER 1MIN, AFTER 5MIN, AFTER 10MIN (default), or OFF.
Displays the STANDBY SETTINGS menu to allow you to specify the standby settings.
STANDBY MODE can be set to ECO to reduce the standby consumption to less than 0.5W, but only allows the SC15 to wake from the analogue and digital inputs, or NORMAL which also allows the SC15 to wake from streaming and the PC/MAC input.
AUTO-STANDBY automatically switches the SC15 to standby if there is no user interaction or audio from the current source for a specified delay: AFTER 10MIN, AFTER 15MIN, AFTER 20MIN (default), or OFF.
Note: The AUTO-STANDBY function will be disabled if the network has not been set up.
Resets the SC15 to the factory default settings.
You are prompted to confirm. Select YES to proceed or NO to cancel.
Displays the FIRMWARE VERSIONS menu to allow you to view the versions of firmware installed.
Allows you to configure the SC15 streaming:
Allows you to choose ON (default) or OFF to specify whether metadata, such as the artist name and song title, should be displayed.
Displays the BLUETOOTH SETTINGS menu.
VISIBLE can be set to ON to make the SC15 visible to other Bluetooth devices, or OFF (default) to make the SC15 not visible.
Note: VISIBLE allows any Bluetooth-enabled device within range to discover and pair with your SC15.
AUTO-CONNECT can be set to ON to automatically reconnect to a paired mobile Bluetooth device when the Bluetooth input on the SC15 is selected, or OFF (default) to disable automatic connection.
Allows you to set an optional password for connection by AirPlay. Leave empty for no password.
Allows you to configure the network connection:
Shows the NETWORK INFO screen with the following information:
- Connection: one of CONNECTED BY WIFI, CONNECTED BY CABLE, or NOT CONNECTED.
- NETWORK, the current SSID.
- IP, the current IP address.
- DEVICE NAME, the device name.
- NET MAC, the network MAC address.
- BT MAC, the current Bluetooth MAC address.
You can also display this information by holding down the i button on the remote control.
Allows you to select between WiFi or Cable to specify how to connect to the network.