1 Unpack the CD35
Your CD35 is supplied with:
- Mains cable
- IR cable
- Trigger cable
- C25 remote control with batteries
- AC Polarity Pen
If any of these items are missing please contact your supplier. We recommend you retain the packaging in case you need to transport the unit at a later date.
Note that the CD35 is supplied with a protective film on the display glass. Remove the film for a clearer whiter display.
2 Connect to an amplifier
The analogue output provides for both the recommended balanced XLR outputs and the conventional unbalanced RCA outputs for connecting to an appropriate stereo amplifier or preamplifier.
- Connect the appropriate outputs to your amplifier or preamplifier using a suitable cable.
Alternatively the CD35 Compact Disc Player provides one coax digital output and one optical digital output for connection to a digital preamplifier or digital surround processor.
- Connect the appropriate output to your preamplifier or surround processor using a suitable cable.
3 Connect power
Plug one end of the mains cable supplied with the CD35 into the power connector on the back panel, and connect the other end to a wall socket.
If this cable is not suitable for your power outlets please contact your supplier for an alternative cable.
Note: See Phase for information about getting the best sound from your CD35.
WARNING: Always disconnect the CD35 from the mains power before connecting or disconnecting any cables.
- Switch on the CD35, using the switch on the back panel.
The standby indicator will light up on the front panel.
To switch on from standby
- Press the button on the front panel or remote control.
The display shows:
4 Play a CD
- Press and hold the button on the front panel or remote control to open the tray.
- Place the CD in the tray with the label facing upwards.
- Press the button on the front panel, or the button on the remote control, to close the tray and start playing the disc.
For more information about playing a CD see Using the CD35.