Using the PRISMA remote
Fitting the batteries
The PRISMA remote is powered by two LR03 batteries, also known as AAA batteries. Before using the remote you need to fit the two batteries supplied with the remote.
- Press slightly on the top of the battery compartment on the back of the remote:
- Slide the back cover parallel to the case towards the bottom of the remote and remove it:
Do not attempt to use a metal object to open the cover, as you may scratch the case.
- Insert the two batteries, observing the correct polarity indicated by the ‘+’ signs on the inside of each battery holder:
- Replace the back cover by sliding it towards the middle of the remote, until it clicks into place.
The batteries should last for about a year with normal use.
The following features are available for any product you are controlling.
For details of the individual functions available for each product refer to the Prisma Remote diagram for that product; see Prisma Remote functions (to be added).
The PRISMA remote has a backlight, to allow you to see the keys in a dimly lit or dark room.
To turn on the backlight:
- Press the LIGHT button.
The light will stay on until no key has been pressed for ten seconds.
To select most functions you simply press the appropriate key.
Some alternate functions are available by a long press on a key of about half a second.
Putting products to standby
Pressing the STANDBY button puts the product you are currently controlling to standby, or turns it on from standby.
Giving a long press on the STANDBY button puts all controlled products to standby, including the TV.
To enter a single digit number, such as an input number on a preamplifier, or a track number on a CD, you simply press the appropriate number key.
Entering two-digit numbers
If you need to enter a two-digit number, on most products you can do this as follows:
- Long press on a digit key to enter the first digit.
- Press a digit key to enter the second digit.