1 Unpack the PRE35
Your PRE35 is supplied with:
- Mains cable
- Trigger cable
- C25 remote control with batteries
- AC Polarity Pen
If any of these items are missing please contact your supplier. We recommend you retain the packaging in case you need to transport the unit at a later date.
Note that the PRE35 is supplied with a protective film on the display glass. Remove the film for a clearer whiter display.
2 Connect to a power amplifier
The PRE35 is designed to be connected to a power amplifier with either balanced or unbalanced inputs.
If the power amplifier provides balanced inputs, such as the Primare A35.2:
- Connect the PRE2 or PRE3 L and R outputs from the PRE35 to the L and R balanced inputs in the power amplifier, using high quality XLR cables.
If the power amplifier only provides unbalanced inputs:
- Connect the PRE1 L and R outputs from the PRE35 to the L and R inputs on the power amplifier, using high quality RCA cables.
Fixed-level analogue output
The PRE35 also provides a fixed-level analogue output on the LINE output on RCA connectors, to allow you to connect to active speakers or an analogue recorder.
3 Connect inputs
You can connect up to two balanced sources and up to three unbalanced sources to the inputs on the back panel.
- Connect balanced sources, such as the Primare CD35 CD player, to balanced inputs A1 and A2 using high quality XLR cables.
- Connect unbalanced sources to the unbalanced inputs A3, A4, and A5 using high quality RCA cables.
4 Connect power
- Plug one end of the mains cable supplied with the PRE35 into the power connector on the back panel, and connect the other end to a wall socket.
If this cable is not suitable for your power outlets please contact your supplier for an alternative cable.
Note: See Phase for information about getting the best sound from your PRE35.
WARNING: Always disconnect the PRE35 from the mains power before connecting or disconnecting any cables.
- Switch on the PRE35, using the switch on the back panel.
To switch on from standby
- Press on the front panel or remote control.
The display shows: