These instructions help you get the best possible performance from your NP5 Prisma MK2.
RS232 Link setup
Your NP5 Prisma MK2 can be linked to another Primare product using the RS232 Link function to add Prisma capabilities to it. It will allow you to control the input, volume, and standby on the linked device using the Prisma app.
The procedure is as follows:
- Connect the RS232 cable provided with your NP5 Prisma MK2 to your NP5 Prisma MK2 and other Primare product.
- Open the Prisma app, choose the Settings tab, and go to General settings.
- Select RS232 link.
- Press select device button to select the device you want to link NP5 Prisma MK2 with.
- For best user experience, make sure that the Linked default volume and Linked maximum volume match your linked product.
- Set the Auto-On and Auto-Off settings as required. We recommend enabling both settings.
- When you have selected the appropriate settings press the Connect button.
The Link status should now change to Connected and you can use the Prisma app to control the volume, step between inputs, and switch between on and standby.
Top panel LED indicators
The table below explains the meaning of the top panel indicators:
Rebooting network module
Chromecast, Roon Ready, AirPlay and UPnP/DLNA
|Green flash||N/A||Connected by cable. Configure network **||N/A|
|Green solid||Spotify Connect||Connected by cable.||N/A|
|Blue flash||N/A||Set up Wi-Fi **||N/A|
|Blue solid||Bluetooth||Connected by Wi-Fi||N/A|
|Red flash||Countdown to factory reset|
|Red pulse||Restart in progress|
|Red solid||Factory reset/firmware update in progress|
* Indicators are dimmed while in standby.
** Set up or configure the network using the Google Home app; see Connect to a network.
You can do a factory reset from the Prisma app from the General settings menu; see General settings, or by pressing and holding the Reset button on the rear panel for 6 seconds.
The Spotify Software is subject to third party licenses found here: