Connecting direct sources
These methods of playing music from the I35 involve connecting the source to the I35 via a cable, and don’t require Wi-Fi, Ethernet, or Bluetooth.
To play music from a source
- Connect the source via a suitable cable:
|Balanced analogue||XLR cable|
|Unbalanced analogue||Phono RCA cable|
|Digital optical||Digital optical cable|
|Digital||Digital coax cable|
- Select the source from the front panel, or using the remote control.
If you have a phone or tablet on the same Wi-Fi network as the I35 you can also use the Prisma app to select and control sources.
To use the I35 as a PC/Mac sound output device
- Connect the Mac or PC to the I35 via a USB-A to USB‑B cable.
Windows 7, 8, 8.1, or 10 (32/64-bit) is required. You need to install the Primare xmos audio driver, available on primare.net.
OSX 10.4 or later is recommended. No driver is required.
- Connect the computer’s USB port to the USB B input on the I35 using a USB A to USB B cable.
The I35 will then appear as a sound output device called I35 in the Sound control panel (PC) or Sound system preferences panel (Macintosh).
- Select the PC/MAC source on the I35.
- Select the I35 as the sound output device in the Mac Sound system preferences panel or the PC Sound control panel.