1 Unpack the I35
Your I35 is supplied with:
- Mains cable
- IR cable
- Trigger cable
- C25 remote control with batteries
- AC Polarity Pen
If any of these items are missing please contact your supplier. We recommend you retain the packaging in case you need to transport the unit at a later date.
Note that the I35 is supplied with a protective film on the display glass. Remove the film for a clearer whiter display.
2 Connect speakers
The I35 is designed to be connected directly to a pair of loudspeakers.
- Connect the red wire from each speaker to the red terminal marked + and the black wire from each speaker to the black terminal marked –.
The terminals can accept speaker cables terminated with spade terminals, banana plugs, or bare wires.
To connect bare wires unscrew the terminal, pass the bare wire through the hole in the terminal bolt, and clamp the wire in place by screwing the terminal back down hand tight.
The I35 provides fixed-level and variable-level analogue outputs on the LINE and PRE outputs on RCA connectors, to allow you to connect to active speakers or an analogue recorder.
The I35 also provides a coax digital output on an RCA connector.
3 Connect inputs
You can connect up to two balanced sources, up to three unbalanced sources, and up to six digital sources to the inputs on the back panel.
- Connect balanced sources, such as the Primare CD35 CD player, to balanced inputs A1 and A2 using high quality XLR cables.
- Connect unbalanced sources to the unbalanced inputs A3, A4, and A5 using high quality RCA cables.
- Connect digital optical sources to the digital optical inputs D6 to D9 using optical cables.
- Connect digital coax sources to the digital coax inputs D10 and D11 using digital RCA cables.
You can also connect a PC or Mac to the USB-B input to use the I35 as an audio output device for your computer.
4 Connect power
- Plug one end of the mains cable supplied with the I35 into the power connector on the back panel, and connect the other end to a wall socket.
If this cable is not suitable for your power outlets please contact your supplier for an alternative cable.
Note: See Phase for information about getting the best sound from your I35.
WARNING: Always disconnect the I35 from the mains power before connecting or disconnecting any cables.
- Switch on the I35, using the switch on the back panel.
To switch on from standby
- Press on the front panel or remote control.
The display shows: