To play music from a source
- Connect the source via a suitable cable:
|Analogue||Phono RCA cable|
|Digital optical||Digital optical cable|
|Digital||Digital coax cable|
- Select the source from the front panel, or using the remote control.
To use the I25 as a PC/Mac sound output device
- Connect the Mac or PC to the I25 via a USB-A to USB‑B cable.
Windows 7, 8, 8.1, or 10 (32/64-bit) is required. You need to install the Primare xmos audio driver, available on primare.net.
OSX 10.4 or later is recommended. No driver is required.
- Connect the computer’s USB port to the USB B input on the I25 using a USB A to USB B cable.
The I25 will then appear as a sound output device called Primare USB Audio DAC in the Sound control panel (PC) or Sound system preferences panel (Macintosh).
- Select the PC/MAC source on the I25.
- Select the Primare USB Audio DAC as the sound output device in the Mac Sound system preferences panel or the PC Sound control panel.