Connecting direct sources
These methods of playing music from the I15 Prisma MK2 involve connecting the source to the I15 via a cable, and don’t require Wi-Fi, Ethernet, or Bluetooth.
To play music from a source
- Connect the source via a suitable cable:
|Analogue||Phono RCA cable|
|Digital optical||Digital optical cable|
|Digital||Digital coax cable|
- Select the source from the front panel, or using the remote control.
If you have a phone or tablet on the same Wi-Fi network as the I15 Prisma MK2 you can also use the Prisma app to select and control sources.
To use the I15 Prisma MK2 as a PC/Mac sound output device
- Connect the Mac or PC to the I15 via a USB-A to USB‑B cable.
Windows 7, 8, 8.1, or 10 (32/64-bit) is required. You need to install the Primare XMOS audio driver, available in Documents & Downloads at primare.net.
OSX 10.4 or later is recommended. No driver is required.
- Connect the computer’s USB port to the USB-B input on the I15 Prisma MK2 using a USB-A to USB-B cable.
The I15 Prisma MK2 will then appear as a sound output device in the Sound control panel (PC) or Sound system preferences panel (Macintosh).
- Select the PC/MAC source on the I15 Prisma MK2.
- Select the I15 Prisma MK2 as the sound output device in the Mac Sound system preferences panel or the PC Sound control panel.