1 Unpack the I15
Your I15 is supplied with:
- Mains cable
- IR/Trigger cable
- C25 remote control with batteries
- AC Polarity Pen (with batteries)
If any of these items are missing please contact your supplier. We recommend you retain the packaging in case you need to transport the unit at a later date.
Note that the I15 is supplied with a protective film on the display glass. Remove the film for a clearer whiter display.
2 Connect speakers
The I15 is designed to be connected directly to a pair of loudspeakers.
- Connect the red wire from each speaker to the red terminal marked + and the black wire from each speaker to the black terminal marked –.
The terminals can accept speaker cables terminated with spade terminals, banana plugs, or bare wires.
To connect bare wires unscrew the terminal, pass the bare wire through the hole in the terminal bolt, and clamp the wire in place by screwing the terminal back down hand tight.
The I15 provides a variable-level analogue output on the ANALOG OUT output on RCA connectors, to allow you to connect to active speakers.
3 Connect inputs
You can connect a up to five line-level analog sources to the inputs on the back panel.
- Connect up to five line-level analog sources to inputs A1/PHONO to A5 using high quality RCA cables.
Moving Magnet cartridge
If you have the MM15 module fitted you can connect a Moving Magnet cartridge to the Phono input A1.
- Connect the cartridge to A1 (Phono), using a high quality RCA cable.
- Connect the earth connection to the GND terminal.
4 Connect power
- Plug one end of the mains cable supplied with the I15 into the power connector on the back panel, and connect the other end to a wall socket.
If this cable is not suitable for your power outlets please contact your supplier for an alternative cable.
Note: See Phase for information about getting the best sound from your I15.
WARNING: Always disconnect the I15 from the mains power before connecting or disconnecting any cables.
- Switch on the I15, using the switch on the back panel.
To switch on from standby
- Press on the front panel or remote control.
The display shows: