1 Unpack the A35.2
Your A35.2 is supplied with:
- Mains cable
- IR/Trigger cable
- AC Polarity Pen (with batteries)
If any of these items are missing please contact your supplier. We recommend you retain the packaging in case you need to transport the unit at a later date.
2 Connect speakers
The A35.2 is designed to be connected directly to a pair of loudspeakers of 8Ω impedance.
- Connect the left and right loudspeakers to the corresponding terminals on the back panel.
The terminals can accept speaker cables terminated with bare wires, spade terminals, or banana plugs.
For the best sound quality connect the red wire from each speaker to the red terminal marked + and the black wire from each speaker to the black terminal marked –.
To connect bare wires unscrew the terminal, pass the bare wire through the hole in the terminal bolt, and clamp the wire in place by screwing the terminal back down hand tight.
Advice on positioning your speakers
For best results your speakers should be positioned about 2-3m apart, at least 20cm from the rear wall and at least 50cm from any side wall. The tweeter or high frequency unit in the speaker should be at head height when you are seated, listening to the speaker.
3 Connect inputs
- Connect the A35.2 to the preamplifier or processor using either the left and right RCA inputs, or the left and right XLR inputs.
- Put the input selector switches in the appropriate positions.
If you are using the RCA inputs use high quality stereo RCA leads.
If you are using the XLR inputs use balanced XLR cables.
4 Connect power
- Plug one end of the mains cable supplied with the A35.2 into the power connector on the back panel, and connect the other end to a wall socket.
If this cable is not suitable for your power outlets please contact your supplier for an alternative cable.
Note: See Phase for information about getting the best sound from your A35.2.
WARNING: Always disconnect the A35.2 from the mains power before connecting or disconnecting any cables.
- Switch on the A35.2, using the switch on the back panel.
The A35.2 will go into standby mode, indicated by the front panel light dimly illuminated.
5 Switch on
- Press the front panel standby switch, in the middle of the Primare logo.
The indicator light will blink for a few seconds before staying on.
If no signal is present for 20 minutes the A35.2 will automatically go into standby to save power.
By default, if no signal is present for 20 minutes the A35.2 will automatically go into standby to save power.
To disable automatic standby
- Press and hold down the front panel button for a few seconds, and release once the indicator light has flashed two times and become steadily illuminated.
To re-enable automatic standby
- Turn the A35.2 off and then on again using the switch on the back panel.