These instructions help you get the best possible sound from your A35.2.
The phase of the AC supply can make a significant difference to the sound.
Use the Polarity Pen supplied with the A35.2 to verify which pin is live on your AC power cable.
Ensure that the live pin of the AC power cable is connected to the left-hand pin of the power connector, viewed from the back panel:
Your Primare will start to sound best after an initial burn-in of approximately 24 hours.
You will notice a further smaller improvement in sound quality for at least another 3 days’ playing.
For convenience the A35.2 can be powered on and off via a remote link cable, avoiding the need to switch it on or off separately from the preamplifier in the system.
To power the A35.2 on and off remotely from a Primare processor or preamplifier connect the TRIG OUT signal from the processor/preamplifier to the TRIG IN socket on the A35.2, using a mono 3.5mm jack plug.
The TRIG OUT socket can be used to daisy-chain the remote output to further A35 series amplifiers.
The A35.2 includes an Auto Sense feature that will put the amplifier into standby if no signal is received for 20 minutes. The amplifier will automatically come out of standby if an input is sensed.
To enable Auto Sense
- Switch the SENSE switch to the ON position.
The A35.2 can be used in Bridged Mode, to give up to four times the output power to a single loudspeaker.
To configure the A35.2 in Bridged Mode
- Switch off the A35.2 using the switch on the back panel.
- Switch the OUTPUT switch to the BRIDGED position.
- Connect the input signal to the L RCA or XLR input.
- Switch the INPUT switch to RCA or XLR according to which input you are using.
- Connect the loudspeaker between the RIGHT + and LEFT – speaker terminals.
- Optionally switch the GAIN switch to the +6dB position to give a higher output.
The A35.2 will now operate in Bridged Mode.